Set Up Your Youtube Channel To Earn Money
Today more people interested in earning money from social media platforms. One of the most popular questions is how to make money on youtube 2019.
Information About Youtube
The platform is established in 2005 for the purpose of video sharing. Everyone can watch the videos uploaded in the platform. To share, comment and upload videos, you should create an account. You can follow other accounts to check their latest videos on time.
Youtube has 1,8 billion registered users. The platform is now the world’s 2nd biggest search engine. 5 billion videos are watched in each day from the site. Every minute, more than 300 hours of HD quality video being uploaded. There are more than 1,300,000,000 uploaded videos in the platform. The US is the leader with 167 million users and followed by Brazil with 70 billion monthly active users.
Certainly, Youtubers has creativity and vision to turn such a platform and traffic into a money machine.
How Do I Create A Channel On Youtube?
Basically, Youtube channel is your Youtube account. Google is parent site and the company of the Youtube. The latter has become almost totally synonymous with Google. Accordingly, each Google account has an equivalent Youtube account.
First of all, you should be aware of the fact that as you have more followers on Youtube, the possibility to earn money will increase. Accordingly, the main challenge is increasing your audience and traffic on Youtube. What should you do?
If you have a Google account, you can use it for signing in to Youtube. If you don’t create a new account. Although this is the first necessary step for your channel, a channel is more than an account. You should take additional steps to make your channel attractive:
- Keywords are channelers in the web. For instance, to search for something you are just writing a few words to Google. It is the same logic on Youtube. Accordingly, you should add keywords that describe your Channel and help people to find you on Youtube. To add keywords, go Channel Settings and add keywords as explanations.
- Username is also a good promotion tool. It is better to have a short, easy to remember and original username. This helps you get involved in people’s mind. Even you are using an existing account, you can change it through Google+ account.
What Should I Do To Earn Money?
Once you create your Channel and take the necessary steps to make your account more attractive, you can learn how to earn money from youtube by uploading videos. These are some key points to monetize your videos.
- Find a content: Like other platforms, you should focus on an issue and specialize in a content to generate a stable audience. According to your interests and abilities, find an issue that you can create regular contents.
- Add content:
- Upload high-quality contents. Otherwise, it is disturbing for the audience.
- Your videos should be consistent with your raison d’etre.
- If you are not promoting a film, a documentary, a show etc.; use short videos. If you are preparing shows, make sure the show is not monotonic. Divide the content into parts and add some effects between these parts.
- Don’t forget. Perfect comes with practice. Don’t give up at the beginning even if you are not successful. Try and try again. Make each of the content better than the previous one.
- Learn extra techniques that take you one step further. For instance, you can prefer better cameras. You can use more developed or new editing software or techniques. Develop the way you are filming with help of professionals if necessary.
- Upload regularly. People prefer to subscribe channels which add content on regular schedule. You can add daily or weekly. The significant point is maintaining the regular schedule.
- Tag your videos. Add keywords to your videos. On the one hand, make sure these tags describe your content. On the other hand, make sure these keywords are on the top search list about your content. There are different tools that help you to find the right keywords for your content like google keyword planner.
- Certainly, you need people to watch your videos to make money from them. Without building an audience, all other things are trash. Try to generate as many subscribers as you can. And uploading regular, qualified contents are the only way for it.
- Use other platforms as complementary: Create Twitter and Facebook accounts consistent with your Youtube Channel. Share your videos on these platforms. You can also use other platforms or blogs to distribute your Youtube content.
- Be an interactive Youtuber. Interact with your subscribers. Get ideas and critics about the videos and respond to comments. You can also make videos directly related to comments or questions of your audience.
3. Monetize your videos: Note that, Youtube is paying to you not just because your video is the best. Youtube pays you for the advertises hidden within your videos. As a result, you should allow Youtube to place advertises in your videos to get paid from your videos. This also means you don’t use any copyrighted materials in your videos.
To enable monetization:
- Log in to Youtube.
- Click “My Channel”.
- On the top bar, you will see “Video Manager”. Click this tab.
- click the “$” sign next to the video that you want to monetize. Check the “Monetize with Ads” box.
How Much Do Top Stars Gain From Youtube Channel
Based on Forbes 2015 data, the top star of Youtube, PewDiePie, generates $12 million. It is followed by Smosh and also Fine Brothers – both generates $8.5 million.
The click-per-view (CPV) which is a bidding method for video campaigns also pays to users. It has a similar logic with Google Adsense. CPV is a way showing you how to earn money from youtube without adsense. It is set by campaign owners and is notified to Google. According to the same data, average Youtube CPV was $0.044 per view.
How Much Money Could I Earn?
The money you can earn from your channel depends on the number of hours your channel watched and the number of subscribers you have. Certainly, these are directly related to the points detailed above like the quality of your videos, the regularity of your schedule etc. Note that, to start making money from your channel you need at least 4000 hours to watch time and 1000 subscribers. The amount of your gain is proportional to these numbers.