Make Extra Money As An Air Duct Cleaner
Do you know, every year an average house accumulates 40 pounds of dust? Considering the capacity of the market, a good air duct cleaning business plan is a profitable way of earning extra money. Before starting air duct business, you need to know more about the industry, opportunities, and challenges you may experience.
What Is Air Duct Cleaning?
Today, almost in all houses or buildings, air ducts or air vents have been used to move air. However, not only clean but also dirty air passes through these ducts or vents. Accordingly, all of these need to be cleaned periodically to remove dust. So they can provide clean air to breathe. Otherwise, the air you breathe may lead to serious illness. If any of your household members have already breathing problems, you should be more careful about the periodic cleaning.
Air duct cleaning needs special equipment and knowledge. Moreover, it takes time. In other words, there is a specific air duct cleaning technician job description. As a result, most of the owners get this service from the market and willing to pay for it. That is why starting an air duct cleaning job is a good business idea.
Requirements For Air Duct Cleaners
Generally, starting an air duct cleaning business necessitates some amount of training and experience. The requirements change from state to state. Some states require a license while others need a kind of education or training. In the US, some states require not all personal but technicians working in heating, ventilation or air conditioning may require to be licensed.
In short, if you want to make extra money from air duct cleaning, you should check the local requirements.
Before starting your own business, it may better to start as a part-time worker of someone else. So you can gain experience on the market. Annual average air duct cleaning technician salary is around $40,000- $50,000.
Advantages Of Being Air Dutch Cleaner
Here are some of the benefits you may get as an air duct cleaner:
- Air cleaning is a necessity. Therefore, the sector always has a steady demand.
- This is a growing industry due to an increase in the number of residential and commercial buildings. According to the US Department of Labor Statistics, the industry is expected to grow 15 percent during the next 10 years.
- It may generate a good opportunity for starting other jobs. For instance, you may establish a good local network to start a real estate business.
- There are many franchise opportunities that can be operated independently. By this way, you are able to own your own business while benefit from the experience and support of a good company. Some of them are discussed below.
- Depending on the size and other properties of a house, a typical American household pays around $400 $1000 for air duct cleaning service. It takes approximately 1.5 to 3 hours of labor for two technicians. Therefore, the air duct pay rate is high.
Challenges You May Face As An Air Duct Cleaner
Here are some of the challenges you may face as an air duct cleaner:
- The equipment like vacuum systems, transport equipment etc. is costly. Therefore you may face a high startup cost.
- Working alone may not be easy and efficient. You may need to work with a partner or with an assistant.
- If required, training, license etc. generate some costs. For instance the annual regular membership fee of the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) $915. You may also pay for online courses and certification programs.
Despite these entire costs air duct cleaning profitable to start in the middle and long term.
There are many different companies providing franchising or affiliate options. For franchisees, duct cleaning business cost and duct cleaning business income depend on the Company, opportunities, and fees.
The company operates more than 12 years of online marketing, while offers franchising air duct cleaning for about 5 years. The company uses high-quality equipment with relatively low costs. Moreover, Airduct Clean provides a protected territory for franchisees. The costs and fees depend on the size of the territory you are serving.
The company doesn’t require any experience or training beforehand. New franchisees are provided training for marketing and sales. The courses include the procedure to find new customers and ensure their satisfaction. There are also courses showing the use of equipment. Moreover, the company provides on the job training sessions. Airduct Clean offers online and live call center service for franchisees.
The startup investment cost is approximately $120,000- $170,000 including franchise fee. On average, you will start to earn money within 90 days.
Services of the company include air duct cleaning, air duct sealing, dryer vent cleaning, air quality services, air conditioning services, and heating services.
EcoAir Care operates almost all locations in the US. There are different opportunities offered by the Company:
- There is no annual fee,
- There are no monthly royalty payments,
- The Company provides free office and technical support,
- You can buy merchandise and equipment on discount,
- The company adopts green cleaning approach and use non-toxic, natural cleaning products.
The services include air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning, blower cleaning, coil cleaning, mold remediation.
Duct Doctor provides air duct cleaning and air quality improvement services for both houses and workplaces. The company operates in the sector since 1985 and serves in 3 countries, 11 states in more than 150 cities. Moreover, the Company offers international franchisees since 2005.
The Company provides territory protection for franchisees. You are offered an exclusive startup and business development programs. You are supported by 24/7 live operators of call centers.
The Duct Doctor has its own patented Vacuum Truck. Franchisees take advantage of this equipment that is capable of moving 6 to 8 times more air compared to other systems in homes.