How to Make Money on Instagram?
Instagram was intended as a photo sharing platform before it becomes a popular business platform. Today, everyone wonders how to make money on Instagram 2019. What makes Instagram popular among people and also businesses? What can you do with your Instagram account?
Power Of the Instagram By Numbers
Instagram is established in 2010. Since then, the Instagrammers are extending in all over the world.
- In 7 years, the platform has reached 800 million users.
- In 2017, in the US over 30 million businesses 21 million use Instagram. It equals to 70.7 percent of all the US businesses. In 2016, it was 48 percent and it is expected to reach 82 percent in 2018.
- Approximately 640 million users that equal to 80 percent of all Instagram users are following at least one business account.
- Every year, time spent on the Instagram increase by 80 percent.
- More than half of the users are younger than 30 years old.
Can I Make Money On Instagram?
As you already know, the answer is yes. But the big problem is where you can start? Here are a few examples to show the way and some of them will be detailed below:
- Sponsored posts: You can be a medium between brands and potential customers through promoting brand’s products.
- Becoming an affiliate: You can sell products of some companies and get paid.
- Selling your own products: You can sell your product or services like e-commerce. One special category is photos.
How Does The System work?
Regardless of what you choose, first of all, the accounts with many followers are precious. For instance, if you are interested in fitness can you turn this interest into money? Certainly yes; but you should know how to make money on Instagram fitness? The first rule is getting many followers interested in fitness. If you are popular in the fitness sector, you will be able to find sponsor firms.
As mentioned above, the platform was intended for the individual use of photo sharing. As Instagrammers reinvent the platform for use of business, In July 2016, the business account was launched.
Like other social platforms, Instagram has its own rules for posts. Here are some of them:
– You have a limit of 30 hashtags for each post. According to Sprout Social, the optimal length of the posts should include 138-150 characters. The optimal number of hashtags is 5-10. Too many hashtags may lead a shadow ban on you.
– Posts with location tag get 79 percent more engagement compared to its absence.
– According to Georgia Tech’s research, photos with face get more likes.
– According to CoSchedule, the optimal post frequency is 1-2 posts per day.
– The uniqueness and user-generated contents are more likely to be followed in Instagram.
First Rule: Build A Strong Follower Community
As indicated, for your success you should be followed by many people. But how can you make people follow you? In fact, people are already get paid to follow people on Instagram. Probably, they will be one of your targets. However, it doesn’t enough. Many firms are looking for real followers. How you can get real followers:
- Optimize your profile. Choose a username with less than 30 characters and consistent with your other social media profiles. Crate your bio with less than 150 characters.
- Create a hashtag for your brand that can be used both on Instagram and also in other online and offline platforms.
- Actively participate in related accounts. Especially follow the accounts using same or similar hashtags and involve in conversations. Moreover, make collaboration with other influencers.
- Use captions to make people actively join your conversation.
- Choose a certain category.
- Create and promote Stories and Live Videos
- Be consistent and post regularly.
- Use the location feature.
- Create a unique visual style that your followers will remember you whenever see this unique style.
- You can use Instagram ads which costs $0.70$1.00
Business Models In Instagram
Become an Influencer
An influencer is a person who gains reputation by her online posts. If you are an influencer, you can convince your followers on anything. You are able to direct your audience about the trends. Through this capability, you will make money with promoting brand’s products in your posts. You can reach directly to brands to negotiate or you can list yourself on influencer marketplace.
Become An Affiliate
An affiliate is a person who sells the products of others in return of a commission. To gain money in this way, the brand should make sure any clicks through your profile converted to a real sale. If you choose this way, connecting your Instagram account with a personal website will be more profitable.
If you have a usable social account, Clickbank is one of the best platforms to find affiliate offers. However how to make money on Instagram with Clickbank?
- You should create an account and log in.
- Go affiliate marketplace.
- Choose one of the categories from the left-hand side. Make sure it is consistent with your accounts specialty.
- Click to links and get the task.
Sell Virtual Products
Instagram is founded on visual content. As a result, marketing any photogenic product will turn to money. You can sell drawings, photos, videos etc.
Sell Hand Made Products
This is a widespread source for earning extra money. You can sell your own products on Instagram. There are significant marketing tips:
- Take good pictures of your products.
- Use the right hashtags.
- Use storytelling in the content of your posts.
You can also sell the products which you buy from suppliers.
How Much Money Can I Make?
It is time to answer the most crucial question. How much money you can make on Instagram? Currently, the most profitable but most difficult way of earning money seems to become an influencer. They may be paid thousands of dollars for a sponsored post. However, it is a very competitive area.
Less popular accounts earn lower but the earnings are still not low. For instance, Instagrammers with more than a thousand followers may earn $40 per post. This amount will increase exponentially as the number of your audience and your impact on Instagram increases.