Get Paid With Dog Sitting Jobs
As more people living with pets paid pet sitting jobs to become widespread. Especially, dogs are in need of more care for walking outside, playing, toilet training etc. Every dog needs at least 30 min. spending outside of the house. If you love animals, spending time with them, playing and caring for them; you can make extra money with dog caring jobs.
What Is Dog Sitting?
Dogs are not only animals but they are a member of generally one of the children of the household. In this sense, dog sitting is similar to babysitting or child care jobs. The job includes
- Visiting: If the owner goes outside of the town for a while, she may need a visitor to feed and play with her dog. The visits can be scheduled between visitor and owner. It may be for 30 min. or staying overnight depending on the demand.
- Walking: A walk is generally between 20 min to one hour.
- House Sitting: Caring service at the house when the owner is for instance at work.
- Service for special needed dogs: If a dog has specific needs, professional sitters may care with the dog.
Qualifications You Need
To start a dog sitting job as a side job, there are no strict requirements. However, you should pay attention to these factors.
- Do you love dogs? The answer should be yes since this is a must. If you don’t like dogs to spend a full day with them, don’t even consider the job. On the other side, if you really like dogs, you can easily learn how to care for dogs. You can spend time and effort to increase your ability to perform the job well.
- Being punctual is one of the most significant factors you should pay attention. You should be on-time and prepared. The family of the dog is planning their day according to your schedule. So any delay would have a negative impact on the family.
- Information about dog diseases is a plus for ability to care dogs with special necessities.
- Have a pet-friendly house is a plus for offering accommodation for dogs in case of necessity.
What Should I Do?
If you want to earn extra money with a dog sitting job, here are some key points you should know.
- Let people know you are offering dog sitting. Start from your neighborhood.
- Search for pet sitting jobs near me on the internet to find available jobs for you.
- Use social media platforms to share your offers.
- Learn about dog diseases. Attain courses if there is any around you. Document or note that you know about dog diseases in your offers.
- If available, design your house as a pet-friendly house where you can host or even night care for dogs. Add this note to your offers.
- Check dog sitting job craigslist to find jobs in your neighborhood.
- Sign in to pet sitting jobs platforms and applications which exemplified below.
- Working hours are most preferred time-period in a day. If you are able to offer services in these periods, it is an advantage to note your availability especially.
- Spring and summer are the best times due to traveling plans of the pet owners. People are more willing to pay in these periods.
How Much Can I Earn?
The fee you may set depends on many factors. The location, the services demanded, your qualifications, whether a dog needs special care etc. affect the hourly fee you can set. If you demand a high fee you may not find a job. If you set a low price, you may not get cash cover of your efforts. In this case, people may think there is something wrong with you. It is better you search for the average fees pet sitting around me.
On average, you can get $8-$13 per hour of a dog sitting. For a walk, the fee is between $15-$25 and a minimum of $40 per night.
How Can I Find Dog Sitting Jobs?
There are different platforms and applications you can find the available and suitable dog sitting jobs for you.
Rover is one of the most known and largest for the for dog sitting services. The company established in 2011. There are more than 200,000 registered sitters in the platform in more than 14,000 cities worldwide.
The services include:
- Dog Boarding
- House Sitting
- Drop-In Visits
- Doggy Day Care
- Dog Walking
The system is easy. Once you download the app, create a profile. Rover doesn’t accept all the applications. The pre-assessment includes background or identity checks. For sitters, there is ongoing sitter education. Once your account approved, you specify services you can give and start your business.
For customers, Rover offers
- The Rover Guarantee
- Reservation protection
- 24/7 support
- Secure online payments
- Verified reviews
Another dog sitting app is Fetch!PetCare connecting dog and cat sitters and owners. Once you start as a sitter in the platform, you get an orientation to perform services with the standards of the brand.
The services include:
- Puppy Program
- Dog Walking
- Pet Sitting
- Group of Leash
- Overnight Care
- Specialty Services
The amount of money you make depends on the quantity and the type of the service. The platform has many advantages making it more popular day by day
- Always offers a backup sitter
- Sitters are insured and background checked.
- 24/7 book service is available
- Customer satisfaction surveys
- After every service, you will get pet report cards
- Free in-home consultation
Wag! is mainly a personal dog walking service that also offers dog sitting and dog boarding. The coordinators of the platform choose the sitters looking at many qualifications. The central criterion is knowledge about different types of dogs. Walks are available from 6 am to 10 pm every day.
The system is so easy to use for customers. In general, within 30 minutes demanded service is met. These are also good for walkers. More easy and satisfied systems mean more customers and more demand for your offer.
Wag! has a fixed pricing principle which is determined by the market. It is one of the distinctive features of the application. On average, a 30-minute dog walk is $20 on Wag! A bonus point is that, for every walk Wag! donates money to feed shelter dogs.